Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Choosing a Tattoo Design

I think it's pretty clear to see that this entire blog sort of gives advice for those considering tattoos, as well as those who have tattoos. I write from experience from my own personal tattoo story, as well as my sister who is tattooed. This blog post will be a little different in that I want to read what other's have to say about how they choose their tattoo design. I would also love to hear where people put their tattoo on their body, and why. I also extend this question to those considering a tattoo. To start this off I will explain my own tattoo.

I have my tattoo on my upper back. It's a customized font that says "Zakarin" - my last name. I know that this tattoo exists on others, however I feel mine is unique. I have always felt that since birth you are born with two things.. a name, and a family. I keep those with me at all times, hence my last name. I had the tattoo put on my upper back to represent how "family will always have your back". Some people may think that's flat out stupid, while others can appreciate the idea. My reason is my own and it does not matter what other's think. In fact, I don't really tell people why I have my tattoo. As I said, my reason is my own.

With that being said I would love to hear other peoples tattoos stories. So if you would be so kind as to post your personal experience I would love to read it. I'll attempt to figure out how to post pictures so I can put up what my tattoo looks like. I'm hoping people will post their pictures come next time I put up a blog post.. If anybody is also feeling brave enough to ask to see it in class feel free to ask.

3 comments:

  1. I have always wanted a tattoo but I have never figured out what to get. This is not a way of putting it off; it’s just me being very picky about what I want. I always hear stories about people getting tattoos that have a really important meaning. Then I think what has great meaning to me and I don’t know how to turn it into a tattoo. Your blog post explains the meaning and the reason for your tattoo which is great. I just can’t find that unique meaningful tattoo yet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My first two tattoos didn't really have a meaning behind them, they were more of a boning experience with the person that i got them with. The first one i got was with my sister and we got the same heart. The second one i got with my best friend and we got the same star tat. But the next one that i was going to get i was thinking about it having a meaning. I was thinking about getting a jasmine flower because my nieces name is Jazmyne and also having stars in it for my nephews. I was also thinking of getting a dermal piercing on it because ive never seen anyone with both and i thought itd be different.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I do not have a tattoo yet and do not know what I want either. I always wnated to put my last name but I am still not sure. I do not want to get a tattoo and then all of sudden remove it because I do not like it.

    ReplyDelete