I personally would never go to a chain tattoo place. I don't believe there is any quality in something like that. I feel more comfortable in going to a individually run place where the person actually came up with their own business based on their own skill. Any Joe Shmoe with money could buy a chain and just hire people. I believe it takes a real person with skill to make their own shop.
An example would be how the most famous tattoo places on T.V are self run. LA ink, Miami ink, all of these types of places are run by individuals with extreme skill. I would much rather go to a place like that knowing they run the place themselves rather then a place like tattoo Lou's.
damn i never thought about that i went to tattoo lou's and mine came out great but i know what you mean. i went there cause everyone in my highschool and other people i knew had got thiers done from lou's but ill keep that in mind for my next tat. Do u know any good places on LI i live in Coram.
ReplyDeleteThere's a place in Kings Park called Tormented Souls. They do pretty good work.
ReplyDeletehey that is wierd that there are chains of tattoo palor. I agree with you on going to a chain of tattoos. It seems like they are trying to take the individual artist out of being a tattoo artist which is no cool. I would feel more comfortable getting a tattoo with an individual tattoo artist rather than a chain but people should also look into looking at places that are safe.
ReplyDeleteI'm a fan of the art of tattooing, so quality work is very important since this is something that will be with you for the rest of your life. I've never got any work done at a chain parlor, but I believe that you can find artists who are just as good at a chain vs. privately owned shops. It's also important to do good research before getting a tattoo, look at the past work of the artist who will be doing your tattoo. Don't make hasty decisions.
ReplyDelete