I definitely appreciate seeing tattoos dedicated to those who have passed away. I think they are probably some of the most unique tattoos a person can get. Even people who don't like tattoos can still find appreciation in this type of art-work.
I have seen many really cool pieces over the last few years, and I actually have a good friend with a very nice angel tattooed on his calf in dedication to his sister who passed away. It's probably one of the most well designed tattoo I have seen and I think the idea is really special too.
I wanted to know if anybody has or knows someone with a tribute tattoo to someone's passing. There is no need to get personal if you don't want too, the idea isn't to upset anyone but just to get feedback on this post to see if anybody else has anyone they know with this type of piece. Again, I hope nobody talks it to personally but I think these are one of my favorite types of tattoos. They have the most meaning in my opinion.
This is interesting because over the last couple of weeks I've been trying to come up with a tribute tattoo for my dad. He was a Marine, so I've been mulling around a few ideas that have the symbol for the Marines in it somehow. I think that would be a good way to honor my dad. I hope that more people respond so that we can see their ideas and creations. We've all lost someone at some point in our lives and if you choose to, honor them with a tattoo.
ReplyDeleteI have the praying hands on my back in tribute to my grandfather. I spent alot of time with him growing up and went to church with him on sundays. I feel that their is no better reason to have a tattoo then in tribute to someone you lost
ReplyDeleteWhat is interesting in this is that so many people get tattoo's of loved one's. Yeah it is some kind respect for them to do it but i do not understand why. I know so many people who have in loving memory of who ever and i think it weird that they do it. But they also may put a memorial tattoo on themselves because they might get some type of enjoyment when they see it and think of the good times they might of had with that person. I do not know if i could do that.
ReplyDeleteI know a few people that have tatoos in remembrance of someone that was important to them and I can respect that. My mother passed away and I would like to get a tattoo in remembrance but my mother hated tatoos so would that really be a good idea or not? I am kind of torn with this issue. I am going to give this some thought.
ReplyDeleteYes, my good friend got a 4 leaf clover with his grandmother's initials and Date of birth to date of death. It's very well done and not tacky at all. The size is small but I think it's better to go small on something like this.
ReplyDeleteI don't really think tattoos are a good idea, but if I were to get one it would be a memorial tattoo for my grandfather. When he was killed in a car accident, my Uncle got a tattoo on his arm in dedication. Tattoos are a funny thing because on one hand the tattoo is always going to remind you of that person, but if you really loved them, then your memories would do the same thing.
ReplyDeleteI think memorial tattoos are amazing. The art is just fantastic. They so detailed and meaningful. My friend Matt has an angle holding a cross on his back with his cousin's name in the middle of the cross and the date in the halo of the angel. It is absolutely beautiful.
ReplyDeleteI agree that these type of tattos are amzing. My grandfather passed away in july and my whole family wants to get a tatto for him. I think its really nice and meaningful. I also think they are a great reminder.
ReplyDeleteI agree these types of tattoos are the most unique thing a person can have i got wings on my back for my brother and im planning on maybe getting another one for him since he was a big part of my life. there def a great reminder..i think these types of tattoos are becoming very common
ReplyDelete