Tuesday, December 8, 2009

To Many Tats?

I don't understand why people cover themselves in tattoos. Tattoos are supposed to be meaningful pieces of art but I feel like some people go overboard. I was looking at some pictures and I just don't understand why the over abundance of tattoos. I don't personally know anybody with more then a dozen tattoos so I don't understand the logic behind it. There are people who have so many tattoos they cannot even remember some on their body. I feel like this is a contradiction on why get a tattoo in the first place.

I bring this up because of the MTV episode of "I regret my tattoo" seeing one man covered in tattoo I found myself questioning his logic. He is now paying the price finding it hard to get a job while trying to support a family. I feel like doing something like covering yourself in ink will just make life harder for you and ruin your body. Don't get me wrong I love tattoos but at some point I feel like people can go overboard with the amount and the randomness of the tattoo. At the same time I don't know personally why they would do it and if they had meaning I would change my attitude.

Does anybody know anybody with a lot of tattoos? Do you know the reasoning in why they have so many and what they mean? I would love to find out how they decided on getting so many and what's behind it all. I also want to point out I do not mean people like the tiger guy or lizard guy. I think that is just plain foolish, I'm talking about people who have many different types of tattoos everywhere. Let me know!

No comments:

Post a Comment